My Top 10 Takeaways From “What On Earth Am I Here For ?” By Rick Warren
1. “True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.”
2. “Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it. You can make more money, but you can’t make more time. When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you’ll never get back. Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time.
3. “Resentment always hurts you more than it does the person you resent. While your offender has probably forgotten the offense and gone on with life, you continue to stew in your pain, perpetuating the past. Listen: those who hurt you in the past cannot continue to hurt you now unless you hold on to the pain through resentment. Your past is past! Nothing will change it. You are only hurting yourself with your bitterness. For your own sake, learn from it, and then let it go.”
4. “Trusting God completely means having faith that He knows what is best for your life. You expect Him to keep His promises, help you with problems, and do the impossible when necessary.”
5. “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. Don’t waste your pain; use it to help others.”
6. “God intentionally allows you to go through painful experiences to equip you for ministry to others.”
7. “If not to God, you will surrender to the opinions or expectations of others, to money, to resentment, to fear, or to your own pride, lusts, or ego. You were designed to worship God and if you fail to worship Him, you will create other things (idols) to give your life to. You are free to choose, what you surrender to but you are not free from the consequence of that choice.”
8. “You weren’t put on earth to be remembered. You were put here to prepare for eternity.”
9. “You cannot fulfill God’s purposes for your life while focusing on your own plans.”
10. “Why is this happening to me? Why am I having such a difficult time? One answer is that life is supposed to be difficult! It’s what enables us to grow. Remember, earth is not heaven!”
If you enjoyed this article 👏👏👏👏 and read my other articles on Self improvement !